EP 197 - The GodFather of Networking with Ivan Misner
In this episode, Dr. Ivan Misner and Alex talk about the importance of networking, relationship building, and how to become a successful business person.
Dr. Ivan Misner is the Founder & Chief Visionary Officer of BNI, the world’s largest business networking organization. Founded in 1985 the organization now has over 10,000 chapters throughout every populated continent of the world. Each year, BNI passes millions of referrals resulting in billions of dollars worth of business for its members.
Called the “Father of Modern Networking” by both Forbes and CNN, Dr. Misner is considered to be one of the world’s leading experts on business networking and has been a keynote speaker for major corporations and associations throughout the world. He has been featured in the L.A. Times, Wall Street Journal, and New York Times, as well as numerous TV and radio shows including CNN, the BBC, and The Today Show on NBC.
In this episode we discuss:
- How BNI (Business Networking International) generated over 18 Billion Dollars of passed business during COVID
- BNI as a beacon of hope in a sea of fear
- The news isn't helping you so Microdose it
- Leave politics and religion out of business networking
- Figure out selling
- Relational vs Transactional Relationships
- What is your Brody Moment
- Do 6 things 1000X and stop doing 1000 things 6X
- Do what you know works
- The future of face to face is online
- Work in your flame, not in your wax
- Who's in Your Room
- Engines and Anchors
- Stop losing sleep over people you never fire
- Balance does not exist
- Mental Health and Crucial Conversations
- Who's story are you in
You can connect with Ivan Misner here:
You can connect with Alex Terranova here:
Remember, You are a DreamMason®…
Because Your Dreams Don’t Build Themselves.
Alex Terranova is a DreamMason, the author of Fictional Authenticity, a Personal & Professional Performance Coach, and he Hosts The DreamMason Podcast, Flip the Lens & Co-Hosts The Coaching Show Podcast. He supports strong & successful high achievers to unmask convention, embrace the rebel within them, and more deeply explore the complex and agitated edges of our existence to create more clarity, freedom, and success. Alex has been featured on NBC, Fox, Focus TV’s Good Morning LaLa Land, NBC Radio, Elephant Journal, The University of Adversity Podcast, The Unleash Success Podcast, The Rising Man Podcast, The Sovereign Society Podcast, Love Living Radio, and an episode of The Villain Crusher.